Launched in 2015, TRISTAR Integrated Traffic Management System, connects 165 intersections in the region. A large number of devices are employed in the system, such as variable messages signs and boards, traffic lights, cameras, measurement devices, sensors, inductive loop sensors, and weather stations. The system helps to:
- improve road safety
- exploit existing road and transport infrastructure more efficiently
- reduce congestion on the main roads and streets
- reduce time of travel for cars and public transport vehicles
- inform car drivers and users of public transport on the current traffic conditions
- monitor and protect the environment
- improve management of road accident rescue
To accomplish the above-mentioned objectives, efficient functioning of the technical infrastructure of the TRISTAR system has to be ensured. Together with our partners – SPRINT S.A. and Gevas Software Gmbh, ELDRO SERWIS executes maintenance works in Gdańsk, Sopot, and Gdynia, being responsible for service and support of the TRISTAR system devices.
Our IT solution – the ELDRO24 – helps us meet strict standards regarding timing and technical aspects of the contract. The platform allows us to monitor the technical infrastructure and manage maintenance works (to learn more about ELDRO24 platform, click here).